Helping people is at the heart of what we do! We provide government funded programs to assist CALD (Culturally and Linguistically Diverse) people.
We are committed to assisting those disadvantaged by poverty, sickness, unemployment and racial discrimination.
Through training and employment programs and other initiatives we help migrants integrate into Australian society.
We give them skills to get jobs and help them access mainstream services provided by government and charitable agencies.
Skilling Queenslanders for Work
Skilling Queenslanders for Work (SQW) provides skills development, training and job opportunities to unemployed, disengaged or disadvantaged Queenslanders through a suite of targeted skills and training programs.
MCC partners with local Registered Training Organisations supporting the Skilling Queenslander for Work initiative by delivering a range of programs to eligible job seekers in Brisbane.
- Queensland residents
- 15 years or older
- an Australian/New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on a pathway to permanent residency
- not receiving income support and/or assistance from Job Services Australia providers
- have not participated in any SQW program
- must look for work after course completion
Community Work SkillsCommunity Work Skills assists disadvantaged Queensland job seekers to gain nationally recognised skills and qualifications up to a certificate III level. Projects are run in locations across the state by community-based not-for-profit organisations.
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education & Care
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
- 10363NAT Certificate II in Spoken and Written English
Work Skills TraineeshipsThe Work Skills Traineeships program enables disadvantaged Queenslanders to be employed on community, construction or environmental projects while undertaking a Work Skills Traineeship. The following projects are run by MCC:
Technicolour Multicultural Festival is a large festival held in Newmarket each year that brings together people from many communities, both cultural and geographic. It allows the communities to celebrate and showcase what makes them unique and serves as a point of expression for each. This expression is revealed in many ways, but particularly through live performances and food. It also serves as a point of contact between various communities and support services. This festival is co-funded by the Multicultural Affairs Queensland.
Please visit us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/technicolourfestival/
To celebrate the true spirit and meaning of Christmas, Multicultural Community Centre partners with International City Church and invites the community to this free event at Diverciti Centre in Newmarket. Families and children enjoy a live Christmas Show, variety of fun activities, delicious food, and shop for amazing crafts and gifts at our night market. We hope to share the joy and peace of Christmas with our diverse and multicultural community.
Please visit us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/TechnicolourChristmas/
Chinese New Year or “Spring Festival” 春節 is the most important celebration in the traditional Chinese calendar. We welcome the new year with colours of red and gold, delicious Asian cuisine, crafts, live performances, lion dance and other spectacular activities!
Please visit us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/technicolourchineseNY/
MCC helps Settlement Services Program (SSP) clients (eligible migrants and humanitarian entrants) to settle and integrate in Australian society. The organization also provides a range of services to benefit SSP clients including the following services:
- LIFE SKILLS development through CASEWORK and REFERRALS. It includes areas such as Housing and Tenancy, Centrelink, Utilities, Health and others by referral to appropriate Agencies and Organizations
- INFORMATION SESSIONS on many useful topics, such as Banking, Nutrition, Parenting, Fire and Safety in the Home, police Services, Beach and Surf Safety, Rights and Responsibilities of Australian Residents, etc
- YOUTH LEADERSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM assisting Youth (15-24 years of age) in overcoming barriers and transition into the workforce.
Developing and Growing Small Business ProgramWith a hands-on approach, the participants will be able to learn about business planning, budgeting, basic bookkeeping/accounting, marketing, HR, WH&S and much more.