Multicultural Community Centre is seeking participants who are interested in undertaking a fixed term full-time Work Skills Traineeship to organize its annual Technicolour Multicultural Festival events. This event which is held in Newmarket each year brings together people from many communities all over Brisbane, to enjoy ethnic cuisines, cultural performances and entertainment for the entire family. About 2000 members of the public attend this 1-day celebration of Multiculturalism annually.
- earn a BSB10115 Certificate I in Business qualification (Training provided by Asian Pacific Institute (RTO: 6153)) at no cost to participants
- gain practical experience in organising this annual markets event
- receive fortnightly wages for a range of work skills that can be included in resumes
- receive a combination of career advice, job preparation skills and foundation skills
What we are looking for?
- People who are genuinely seeking work experience to enter the Australian workforce.
- People with a beginner’s mindset and a willingness to take on new challenges.
- People who are responsible and give of their best to their assigned tasks.
- People who are available for full-time work from 27 April to 28 August 2020 (18 weeks).
- People with experience in areas of graphic design, working in markets, events planning and management, social media, or work health & safety (preferred).
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
- Unemployed culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) job -seekers.
- Queensland residents, aged 15 years or older
- an Australian/New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on a pathway to permanent residency. (In your Resume, please specify your country of citizenship, and current visa type and subclass (if any)),
- have not participated in any Skilling Queenslanders for Work program
This is a ‘not to be missed opportunity’ where you will acquire valuable work experience, earn while you learn, and obtain a nationally recognised qualification.
Email your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 4 April 2020.
This Skilling Queenslanders for Work (SQW) project is proudly funded and supported by the Queensland Government