Multicultural Community Centre is seeking participants who are interested in undertaking a fixed term full-time Work Skills Traineeship for 18 weeks to organise the Technicolour Chinese New Year Festival and Technicolour Easter Festival . Both festivals, will be held in Newmarket; brings together people from many communities all over Brisbane, to enjoy entertainment for the entire family. The event will follow strict guidelines provided by the Office of the Chief Health Officer on ensuring a COVID safe event.
Participants will :
- earn a BSB10115 Certificate I in Business qualification (Training provided by Asian Pacific Institute (RTO: 6153)) free of charge
- gain practical experience in organising Technicolour Event
- receive fortnightly wages for a range of work skills that can be included in resumes
- receive a mix of career advice, job preparation skills and foundation skills
What we are looking for?
- People who are genuinely seeking work experience to enter the Australian workforce.
- People with a beginner’s mindset and a willingness to take on new challenges and learn
- People who are adaptable, hardworking and willing to work in a team
- People who are responsible and give of their best to their assigned tasks.
- People who are available for full-time work from 7th December 2020 to 9th April 2021 (18 weeks) .
- People with experience in areas of graphic design, working in markets, events planning and management, social media, or work health & safety (preferred).
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
- Unemployed culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) job-seekers.
- Does not hold a Diploma, Bachelor or higher than a Certificate I In Business
- Not currently studying or enrolled at any other institutes, tertiary or colleges
- Queensland residents, aged 15 years or older
- an Australian/New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant) or temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on a pathway to permanent residency.
(In your Resume, please specify your country of citizenship, and current visa type and subclass (if any)),
- not receiving income support and/or assistance from Job Services Australia providers including JobKeeper or JobSeeker
- have not participated in any Skilling Queenslanders for Work program
This is a ‘not to be missed opportunity’ where you will acquire valuable work experience, earn while you learn, and obtain a nationally recognised qualification.
Email your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9 November 2020
This Skilling Queenslanders for Work (SQW) project is proudly funded and supported by the Queensland Government