Applications Closed. Applications will re-open in March 2020.
Multicultural Community Centre is seeking participants who are interested in undertaking a fixed term full-time Work Skills Traineeship to organize its annual Christmas Day Market and Chinese New Year Night Market events. These events which are held in Newmarket each year; brings together people from many communities all over Brisbane, to enjoy ethnic cuisines, cultural performances and entertainment for the entire family.
- earn a BSB10115 Certificate I in Business qualification (Training provided by Asian Pacific Institute (RTO: 6153)) at no cost to participants
- gain practical experience in organising this annual markets event
- receive fortnightly wages for a range of work skills that can be included in resumes
- receive a mix of career advice, job preparation skills and foundation skills
What we are looking for?
- People who are genuinely seeking work experience to enter the Australian workforce.
- People with a beginner’s mindset and a willingness to take on new challenges.
- People who are responsible and give of their best to their assigned tasks.
- People who are available for full-time work from14 October 2019 to 14 February 2020 (18 weeks).
- People with experience in areas of graphic design, working in markets, events planning and management, social media, or work health & safety (preferred).
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
- Unemployed culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) job -seekers.
- Queensland residents, aged 15 years or older
- an Australian/New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on a pathway to permanent residency. (In your Resume, please specify your country of citizenship, and current visa type and subclass (if any))
- have not participated in any Skilling Queenslanders for Work program
This is a ‘not to be missed opportunity’ where you will acquire valuable work experience, earn while you learn, and obtain a nationally recognised qualification.
Email your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11 October 2019.
This Skilling Queenslanders for Work (SQW) project is proudly funded and supported by the Queensland Government